"ASTM" LIS Interface
Every Triage Meter has a standard ASTM interface that may be used just by enabling it. To enable the LIS interface, contact Quidel Technical Support (Quidel Technical Support at 800.874.1517, option 2, then option 4 (in the U.S.) or via email@example.com) and provide the Triage Meter Serial number(s) to obtain the unique enable code for each Triage Meter.
Please note that select Data Managers do not utilize the ASTM interface and it should not be enabled for connection to the following systems:
- Triage Census ATM
- RALS Plus or RALS Web
- Telcor QML
- Siemen’s POCcelerator
- Aegis POC
These products use a proprietary Triage Meter interface that does not require enablement.
Setup the LIS interface
Once you have received the Enable Code(s) for the Triage Meter(s), use the Supervisor Chip to access the setup menu in the Triage Meter. Settings to enable the LIS interface are found under: Set Parameters \ Meter Settings \ Comm Settings
In this menu are the following default settings:
|PAT. RESULT APPROVAL||DISABLED|
Change the LIS setting from DISABLED to ENABLED with the Right Arrow Key on the navigation wheel. Press the Enter button to save. You will be prompted for the LIS Enable Code. Enter the provided code for this Meter’s serial number and press the Enter button. The Triage Meter will display LIS ENABLED. Press the Enter Button again.
You will have some additional menu choices after enabling LIS. Set the BAUD RATE to match your target system at 38400 or 9600 and then as follows:
|BAUD RATE||38400 or 9600|
|PAT. RESULT APPROVAL||DISABLED|
The AUTO UPLOAD setting instructs the Triage Meter to automatically send results to LIS as they are generated. This is the desired operational setting.
If you want have the Triage Meter hold the result until an operator can review the result at the Meter display screen and then either release it to LIS or Reject the result, then you may turn this feature by setting the PAT. RESULT APPROVAL setting to ENABLED.
Note that after changing any setting in this sub-menu, always hit the Enter button. Once you have made the settings you need in the Comm Settings menu, the Meter will be enabled to automatically send results to the LIS system as they are produced.
Testing your LIS interface and operation
When LIS is enabled and configured with the proper physical connection, you are ready to test uploads. To test uploading:
- Confirm that your connections are in place and in the case of Serial Servers, that they are powered on and connected to the network
- Confirm your LIS interface is up and running and listening for the Meter’s transmissions
- When a Triage Meter test completes, the Triage Meter will attempt to connect to the LIS interface. It will send an enquiry to LIS requesting confirmation that LIS is listening. If it does not get a response, it will try two more times. Each time, it will wait up to 15 seconds for LIS to respond. If the connection attempts fail, the Meter will display “NO LIS DETECTED”
- If you receive the “NO LIS DETECTED” message, you will have to start troubleshooting for resolution.
- Check your COMM Settings in the Triage Meter to make sure they were saved as needed.
- Check cabling for proper configuration and connections.
- Check the LIS interface to make sure it’s running and listening on the proper connection.
- If you are using a Serial Server device, the connection configuration settings on the Meter side and the LIS side must both be correct.
- If the Meter is successful in sending the test result, you will not see any message or indication at the Meter. Successfully sending results is a silent operation. If you don’t have any kind of error message at the Triage Meter at about one minute after the test completes, check the LIS system for your test result
Contact Tech Support
Quidel Technical Support at 800.874.1517, option 2, then option 4 (in the U.S.). Or via firstname.lastname@example.org